Bricks — is a revolutionary new way of creating rich content in Drupal. Thanks to the powerful contributions like ECK and Entity Reference, Bricks itself is just ~13 KB of code (gzipped).
In terms of concept Bricks is a new generation of Paragraphs, drop-in replacement for Panelizer and a good friend to Display Suite and CKEditor or any other WYSIWYG. Shortly, it allows you to nest field items using Drupal drag & drop UI (exactly like for menu or taxonomy items).
- Open pre-configured sandbox.
- Click Launch sandbox and wait.
- Follow the installation (all settings should be pre-filled, don’t change them).
- Go to Extend and install Bricks Bootstrap.
- Go to Appearance, install Tweme and set as default theme.
- Find a sample node and go to Edit mode to check magic out!
- Finally go to Content and create your own first Bricky page!
- Like it? => Support by ★ starring on GitHub or sharing on Twitter.
Video tutorial: vimeo.com/211714437.
The most easy-to-use method:
- Download and install Bricks Bootstrap with its dependencies.
- Download and enable Tweme (or any other Bootstrap 4 theme).
Now you can create Bricky pages (content type) using powerful preconfigured Bricks such as Text, Image, Accordion, Carousel, Tabs and others (ECK bundles). Use auto-created “All new AirPods” node as a live playground.
Video tutorial: vimeo.com/211714437.
Paragraphs setup 8.x-1.3+, in Beta
- Download and install Bootstrap Paragraphs with its dependencies.
- Download and enable Bootstrap (or any other Bootstrap 3 theme).
- Download and install Bricks with its dependencies. Also enable Bricks Inline and Bricks Revisions.
- Go to Structure > Content types and create Bricky content type.
- Delete default Body field.
- Create new Body field of type Bricks (revisioned):
- Name: Body (field_body)
- Type of item to reference: Paragraph
- Allowed number of values: Unlimited
- Go to Manage form display and set Bricks tree (Inline entity form) widget for Body field.
- Go to Manage display and hide label for Body field.
Now you can create Bricky pages (content type) using your favorite Paragraphs such as Simple, Image, Accordion, Carousel, Tabs and others (Paragraph types).
All new Bricks for D8 has no requirements and works with ANY entity types!
- Bricks field type — An entity field containing a tree of entity reference bricks.
- Bricks tree (Autocomplete) widget — A draggable tree of autocomplete text fields.
- Bricks (Nested) formatter — Display the referenced entities recursively rendered by entity_view().
- Paragraphs support.
Bricks Inline 8.x-1.1+ — Integration with Inline Entity Form:
- Bricks tree (Inline entity form) widget — A draggable tree of inline entity forms.
Bricks Revisions 8.x-1.3+ — Integration with Entity Reference Revisions:
- Bricks (revisioned) field type — An entity field containing a tree of revisioned entity reference bricks.
|Drupal||Bricks||ECK||IEF||ERR||Bricks Bootstrap||Paragraphs||Bootstrap Paragraphs|
|8.x||1.x||1.x||1.x||1.x||4.x + Tweme 4.x||1.x||1.x + Bootstrap 3.x|
- Project page: drupal.org/project/bricks.
- Source code: github.com/highweb/drupal-bricks.
- Issue board: contribkanban.com/board/bricks.
- Working group: groups.drupal.org/bricks.
- Team: timezone.io/team/drupal-bricks.
- Are brick bundles translatable?
- 100% translatable (thanks Entity Translation and ECK). Just mark them as translatable at /admin/config/regional/content-language.
- Which entity types are supported?
- Bricks can hold references to any entities - ECK or Paragraphs, doesn’t matter. And Bricks Bootstrap is just an example of using ECK.
- Does bricks support revisions of the parent entity?
- Internally Bricks field is a multi-value Entity Reference field => standard revisioning mechanism works. Moreover, Bricks Revisions (core submodule) allows you to revision referenced entities.
- Is there a reason why i can not just use bricks form widget for the normal paragraphs field?
- Paragraphs couldn’t be nested using drag and drop! Bricks field allows you to do (like on gif).
- How to get non-equal column layout, 4-8 in example?
- Use universal Wrapper brick with custom CSS classes on it. Bootstrap example:
Wrapper (.row) |-- Image (.col-sm-4) |-- Text (.col-sm-8)